Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How to Set WallPaper in Android

In this tutorial I will explain how to set Wallpaper.

To Set the Wallpaper we must declare following permission in manifest file

 <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_WALLPAPER" />
 <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS"/>


If you use an Image to set as wallpaper, The image may not fit to the Screen, it may be smaller or larger than the device screen,  To overcome this problem or if we want that Image should to the screen for all the devices with different screen sizes, we need to use DisplayMatrics.


// get the Image to as Bitmap
Bitmap bitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(getResources().openRawResource(R.id.image));

                DisplayMetrics metrics = new DisplayMetrics();
                getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getMetrics(metrics);

                // get the height and width of screen
                int height = metrics.heightPixels;
                int width = metrics.widthPixels;
          
                WallpaperManager wallpaperManager = WallpaperManager.getInstance(this);
                 try {
                  wallpaperManager.setBitmap(bitmap);
               
                  wallpaperManager.suggestDesiredDimensions(width, height);
                    Toast.makeText(this, "Wallpaper Set", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
                 } catch (IOException e) {
                  e.printStackTrace();
                 }

21 comments:

  1. hii
    thank's for this code it's work but when i set my image as wallpaper..it's perfect but in just one second it becomes zoomed and stretched..

    plzz give me solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work sfondi disegni grafici

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep websiteing stuff like this I actually am fond of it device mockups

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. abstract background blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something I actually have to try and do a lot of analysis into, thanks for the post background blue abstract

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. logo design for startups

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt very satisfied even as studying this web page. This became simply very informative web site for me. I clearly appreciated it. This become truly a cordial submit. thank you lots!. logo design for startups

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. papel de parede para quarto

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. logo design agency

    ReplyDelete
  10. educator, Sue. Although Sue had a list of discharge instructions in her hand, she paused and High-return investment

    ReplyDelete
  11. educator, Sue. Although Sue had a list of discharge instructions in her hand, she paused and führerschein kaufen erfahrungen

    ReplyDelete
  12. educator, Sue. Although Sue had a list of discharge instructions in her hand, she paused and Online stock calculator

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ll create a hyperlink to the web page about my personal weblog. ufaxs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ll create a hyperlink to the web page about my personal weblog. รีวิวเว็บพนันUFABET

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ll create a hyperlink to the web page about my personal weblog. รีวิวคาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  16. educator, Sue. Although Sue had a list of discharge instructions in her hand, she paused and https://dealgamings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am constantly browsing online for ideas that can benefit me. Thanks! รีวิวUFABET

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’ll create a hyperlink to the web page about my personal weblog. https://site-7327699-9720-99.mystrikingly.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I came to the exact conclusion as well some time ago. Great write-up and I will be sure to look back later for more news. million songs

    ReplyDelete